TORONTO, ON. (February 5, 2018) – GMP Capital Inc. (GMP) (TSX: GMP) will release its fourth quarter and fiscal 2017 financial results and host an earnings conference call on Friday, March 2, 2018. Financial results are expected to be released at approximately 6:00 a.m. (ET).
GMP SECURITIES TO HOST INAUGURAL BLOCKCHAIN CONFERENCE AND ANNOUNCES MIKE NOVOGRATZ AS KEYNOTE SPEAKER
Toronto, November 28, 2017 - GMP Securities L.P. (GMP or the Company), a wholly-owned subsidiary of GMP Capital Inc. (TSX: GMP), today announced it will be hosting the inaugural GMP Securities Blockchain Technology Conference on December 7, 2017 at the Royal York Hotel in Toronto.
The Company is also pleased to confirm Michael Novogratz, Chief Executive Officer of Galaxy Investment Partners, as keynote speaker. Mr. Novogratz, an internationally recognized investor in blockchain, cryptocurrencies and initial coin offerings, will share his expert insights, first-hand experience as well as his outlook for blockchain and cryptocurrencies. In the attached video, Michael discusses his views on cryptocurrencies with Bloomberg https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DozrRY2NENU.
Toronto, November 20, 2017 - GMP Capital Inc. (GMP or the Company) (TSX: GMP) today announced Doug Bell, Vice Chairman, Investment Banking and member of the Company’s Executive Committee, is leaving the company after eight years with GMP. Mr. Bell is establishing a principal business in the mining sector.
Toronto, November 3, 2017 - GMP Capital Inc. (GMP) (TSX: GMP) today reported revenue of $34.3 million in third quarter 2017, down 21% compared with the same period a year ago. Third quarter 2017 net loss was $2.8 million and diluted loss per share was $0.06, compared with a net loss of $10.6 million and diluted loss per share of $0.18 in third quarter 2016. On an adjusted basis1, third quarter 2017 net income was $0.5 million and diluted loss per share was $0.01.
“Business activity in the quarter remained stubbornly low. The ongoing malaise in commodities and the low level of activity in small- to mid-cap names in general made for a daunting revenue environment and a disappointing quarter," said Harris Fricker, President and CEO of GMP.
Commenting further, Mr. Fricker said, "Despite the challenging conditions in the quarter, there were a couple bright spots including the strength demonstrated by our Canadian and international advisory franchises and the ongoing performance of our Wealth Management business. Further we note that capital markets activity has been more robust in the fourth quarter with a particular focus in our blockchain practice.”
Third Quarter 2017 vs. Third Quarter 2016
• Revenue of $34.3 million decreased from $43.5 million.
• Net loss of $2.8 million improved from a net loss of $10.6 million.
• On an adjusted basis1, net income of $0.5 million decreased from $2.2 million.
• Diluted loss per share of $0.06 increased from a diluted loss per share of $0.18.
• On an adjusted basis1, diluted loss per share of $0.01 decreased from earnings per share (EPS) of $0.01.
First Nine Months 2017 vs. First Nine Months 2016
• Revenue of $127.6 million decreased from $130.9 million.
• Non-cash goodwill impairment charge of $44.3 million (after-tax) and deferred-tax asset write-down of $7.7 million recorded in second quarter 2017.
• Net loss of $53.5 million increased from a net loss of $14.9 million.
• On an adjusted basis1, net income of $9.1 million increased from a net loss of $1.5 million.
• Diluted loss per share of $0.82 decreased from a diluted loss per share of $0.28.
• On an adjusted basis1, EPS of $0.08 increased from a diluted loss per share of $0.08.
1. Considered to be a non-GAAP financial measure. This measure does not have any standardized meaning prescribed by generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) under IFRS and is therefore unlikely to be comparable to similar measures presented by other issuers. This data should be read in conjunction with the “Non-GAAP Measures” section at the end of this press release and the “Presentation of Financial Information and Non-GAAP Measures” section in the Third Quarter 2017 MD&A.
GMP Capital Inc. (GMP) (TSX: GMP) today announced that Richardson GMP Limited (Richardson GMP) has entered into a four-year $80 million credit facility agreement with a syndicate of chartered banks. Richardson GMP intends to use the initial proceeds from this facility to refinance its existing long-term indebtedness. The remainder of the proceeds will be used to redeem a substantial portion of its Class B Preference Shares, at par, for an aggregate cash redemption amount of $45 million (the Redemption), including all declared and unpaid dividends, and to repay fully its $5 million subordinated loan facility made available by GMP. The Redemption will be allocated equally between GMP and James Richardson & Sons, Limited. It is anticipated that GMP will receive approximately $28 million in cash.
TORONTO, ON. (October 4, 2017) – GMP Capital Inc. (GMP) (TSX: GMP) will release its third quarter 2017 financial results on Friday, November 3, 2017. Third quarter results are expected to be released at approximately 6:00 a.m. (EST).
Toronto, September 27, 2017 - GMP Capital Inc. (GMP) (TSX: GMP) today announced that its wholly owned subsidiary, GMP Securities L.P. (GMP Securities), launched a dedicated blockchain technology practice to help corporate clients and investors capitalize on the transformative and disruptive potential of the blockchain and the emerging digital currency space. The new team will be comprised of investment banking and research professionals. This expansion into the blockchain ecosystem is reflective of the firm’s longstanding commitment to the technology space and the belief this technology holds the potential to be a significant disrupter across multiple industries.
• Revenues increased 7% compared with second quarter 2016
• Second quarter 2017 results affected by non-cash impairment charges
• On an adjusted basis1, net income was $1.6 million in second quarter 2017 or $0.01 per diluted share
• Purchased 1.5 million common shares under 2017 NCIB during second quarter 2017 For further information about GMP
Capital Inc., our results for second quarter 2017 and the meaning of certain references, this earnings release should be read in conjunction with our unaudited interim condensed consolidated financial statements as at and for the three and six months ended June 30, 2017 (Second Quarter 2017 Financial Statements) and our management's discussion and analysis for the three and six months ended June 30, 2017 (Second Quarter 2017 MD&A), which can be accessed on our website at gmpcapital.com and on SEDAR at sedar.com. Unless otherwise indicated, all dollar amounts are expressed in Canadian dollars and have been taken from our Second Quarter 2017 Financial Statements prepared in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
TORONTO, ON. (July 17, 2017) – GMP Capital Inc. (GMP) (TSX: GMP) will release its second quarter 2017 financial results on Friday, August 4, 2017. Second quarter results are expected to be released at approximately 6:00 a.m. (EST).
TORONTO, ON. (May 16, 2017) — GMP Capital Inc. (GMP) (TSX: GMP), a leading Canadian diversified financial services firm, announced today that its subsidiary GMP Securities L.P. will hold a Charity Trading Day on Wednesday, June 7, 2017, in support of Covenant House Toronto and its five-year, comprehensive, $10-million anti-sex trafficking campaign, “Just Like a Girl You Know.” GMP Securities L.P. will donate 100% of all agency trading commission dollars from institutional equity trades generated that day to support Covenant House.