About GMP Capital Inc.
GMP is a leading independent diversified financial services firm headquartered in Toronto, Canada, providing a wide range of financial products and services to a client base including corporate clients, institutional investors and high-net-worth individuals in two integrated reporting segments: Capital Markets and Wealth Management. The Capital Markets segment provides investment banking, including advisory and underwriting services, institutional sales and trading and research through offices located in Toronto, Montreal, Calgary, London and Nassau. The Capital Markets segment conducts its business through the following operating entities: GMP Securities L.P., GMP Securities, LLC and Griffiths McBurney Corp. Wealth Management consists of GMP's non-controlling ownership interest in Richardson GMP Limited. Richardson GMP Limited is a full service independent firm focused on providing exclusive and comprehensive wealth management and investment services delivered by an experienced team of investment professionals. GMP is listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol “GMP”. For further information, please visit our corporate website at gmpcapital.com.
- GMP Capital
enters into agreement to sell substantially all of its capital markets business to Stifel Financial Corp. and intends to invest heavily toward accelerating growth at Richardson GMP.
completes its acquisition of FirstEnergy Capital Corp. (rebranded as GMP FirstEnergy), an industry leader in the independent global energy sector providing financial advisory and investment services to a broad range of corporate clients and sophisticated investors worldwide.
- GMP Securities winds down Houston operations.
- GMP Asia begins operations in Hong Kong and Beijing; primarily focused on commodity-based M&A opportunities.
- GMP Securities expands capabilities in the U.S. Energy sector with the opening of an office in Houston, Texas.
Richardson GMP's shareholders collectively negotiate changes to the shareholder liquidity process that was implemented in connection with the 2009 business combination transaction, moving from a calendar-driven to a consensus-driven liquidity process.
- GMP Securities completes a comprehensive review of operations, leading to significant and sustainable fixed cost savings, an optimization of its businesses as well as a rationalization of its real estate footprint.
- GMP Investment Management L.P. completes the sale of the majority of its assets under management to Fiera Capital Corporation; is subsequently rebranded as CQI Capital Management L.P.
- Richardson GMP acquires Macquarie Private Wealth Inc. (Canada) for $132 million, significantly expanding business scale, assets under administration and financial strength.
GMP Capital Inc. issues 4.6 million cumulative 5-year, rate reset series B Preferred Shares, for aggregate gross proceeds to GMP Capital of $115 million, providing GMP Capital with perpetual, low cost capital; commences trading on the TSX, under the ticker "GMP.PR.B."
- GMP Australia Pty Limited (GMP Australia) begins operations in Perth and Sydney Australia.
GMP Capital Inc. acquires, Miller Tabak Roberts Securities LLC, a niche fixed income boutique in New York specializing in institutional sales, secondary trading and research; renamed GMP Securities, LLC.
- Richardson GMP formed through the combination of GMP Private Client L.P. and Richardson Partners Financial Limited, creating one of Canada's pre-eminent, independent wealth management firms.
GMP Capital Trust converts to a Corporation (becoming GMP Capital Inc.); trades on the TSX under the ticker GMP.
GMP Capital Trust launches GMP Investment Management L.P., a Toronto-based asset management firm.
- GMP Securities Europe LLP (GMP Europe) begins operations in London, England.
- GMP Private Client L.P., a private wealth management firm, begins operations.
- GMP Capital Corp. converts to an income trust (becoming GMP Capital Trust); trades on the TSX under the ticker GMP.UN.
- Griffiths McBurney & Partners goes public in a $110,000,000 IPO (becomes GMP Capital Corp.); begins trading on the TSX under the ticker GMP.
- Griffiths McBurney & Partners was founded with the vision of creating an energetic, entrepreneurial and independent investment dealer focused on serving corporate clients and institutional investors.